One of the biggest ironies in medicine is that the doctor’s prescription and over-the-counter pills you take to get healthier are actually hurting your liver. If you’ve never given this organ much thought, there’s something you must know: When your liver is healthy, so are you! A healthy liver keeps you nourished, energized, strong, active, and toxin-free. You feel better and more youthful for years to come. The liver is a priceless gift!
Yet the liver is the most underappreciated and forgotten organ in the body — even by doctors who usually won’t talk about it until problems begin. The latest research shows that when you’re suffering from health issues, your liver is usually part of the trouble.
The liver performs more than 500 critical biological functions; it makes more than 13,000 beneficial chemicals and hormones; it manages more than 50,000 enzymes and compounds that you need for great health; it processes everything you eat and drink.
- Purifies your blood of dangerous toxins
- Boosts your immune system
- Makes “clotting factors” to stop excessive bleeding
- Collects nutrients from food, drink and supplements
- Digests fats by making bile
- Regulates cholesterol levels
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Energizes the bodyby releasing sugar and fat molecules
- Promotes healthy hormone balance
CARING FOR YOUR LIVER
Consider the following and do the right thing:
- Avoid toxins as far as possible. All processed foods contain toxic elements
- Avoid all dangerous fats like trans-fats and homogenised fats; eat only oils that were extracted through a cold pressing process. The body needs much more fats than we were told in the past.
- Avoid or drastically reduce the use of alcohol.
- Only use prescribed or over the counter medicines when it is really necessary; most medicines are foreign to the body and only cover up symptoms while not healing the body.
- To strengthen or heal the liver use milk thistle; it is safe and free of harsh side effects. In fact, it’s key component silymarin works with your body to renew an overburdened liver. Milk thistle is a “liver tonic” that improves energy levels, support healthy metabolism, boost immune systems and improve a variety of chronic health complaints.
- Use Nacare’s LIVER & BILE CARE, which is a traditional herbal tonic for enhancement of the liver and gall bladder function. This remedy brings remarkable results.
- Work hard but sleep and rest enough; your body and mind are not machines and need to recover while you sleep. The biblical routine of six days to work and one to rest is still the only correct one – our Creator knows us best!
- Use your body by doing exercises like walking and building muscle; do not sit the whole day but keep moving as much as possible.
- Make sure there are no feelings of wrath or hate in the back of your mind – those emotions tend to negatively affect the liver. Learn to forgive all those who had in the past harmed you in any way.
- Focus on clear life goals which are in line with your personality and future expectations – all bodily systems and organs are negatively affected by an aimless life.