There is an old saying that “Death Begins in the Colon.” This is an oversimplification, but in fact, the road to health begins with intestinal cleansing and detoxification — no matter what the disease or problem.
The large intestine is the last part of the digestive tract and processes all the water and food that could not be digested and absorbed in the small intestines. The journey of this chime takes from 12 to 48 hours to pass through this 1.5 to 2 meters tube and the colon wall secretes mucus to lubricate the waste. The colon absorbs water, minerals and vitamins.
What are the most prevalent problems of the digestive system, specifically the colon?
• Self-toxification (toxins reabsorbed)
• Diverticular disease (herniations of the colon)
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Ulcerative Colitis
• Crohn’s Disease
Constipation is the precursor to all bowel diseases and many of the intestinal symptoms people suffer with. Almost all people are constipated or irregular, which means the body is not getting rid of all the waste material. It isn’t a question of IF you might be constipated, but how extreme your case is. The true fact is one should have a bowel movement for every meal that you eat! Your dog has to be let out after every meal – it is a simple rule of nature. If you are not eliminating this often, you need to help your system along. The person on a typical Western diet holds 8 meals of undigested food and waste material in the colon, while the person on the high fibre diet holds only 3.
Many other diseases (that at first glance appear to have no connection with the digestive tract) have been related to the bowel. These include: diabetes, gall stones, kidney stones, gout, hypertension, varicose veins, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and obesity. Also parasites! It has been estimated that as many as 80% of all people are afflicted with intestinal parasites. Symptoms include: nervousness, aches and pains that move from place to place in the body, mimicked appendicitis, ulcers and various digestive pain, nausea or diarrhoea, itching, acne, foul breath, furred tongue, jaundice, fatigue, menstrual irregularities, and insomnia.
The situation is serious. Diseases of the digestive system have reached an all-time high — and are still on the rise. The number one cancer among men and women combined is colon/rectal cancer.
CARING FOR YOUR COLON
Consider the following and do the right thing: First of all correct the lifestyle:
1. Eat natural foods avoiding all processed “food” with no or little nutritional value; the most important element for colon health is dietary fibre from vegetables and fruit (in season) to provide bulk for the movement of food through the intestines
2 Refined foods are not neutral but from different angles bad for the body as well as the mind – it promotes free radicals which can lead to cancer. Also avoid all alcohol, sugar, white flour, all colouring and other additives
3. Most people are dehydrated but not aware of it; water is needed for the colon to do its work
4. Drastically limit red meat (beef, mutton and pork) and eat only a small portion once or twice a week
5. Regularly use a calcium-magnesium supplement (Foodstate) which helps to protect the colon against carcinogenic elements
6. Eat fermented foods (like sauerkraut, yogurt) which are both potent chelators (detoxifiers) and contain far larger amounts of probiotics, compared to probiotic supplements, making them ideal for maintaining optimal gut flora
7. Do regular exercises – there is no need for going to a gym; start with walking 15 minutes per day and later add muscle exercises
8. Stop using unnecessary medication, especially commercial laxatives filled with chemicals and sugars
9. Give attention to a sensible toilet routine: do not let the urge pass; do not be in a hurry while in the toilet; use a foot stool in order to get a body position which makes excretion easier and more natural
10. Do a regular colon detox
Restore the pH balance of the body: our fast-paced lifestyles and Western diets are highly acid-forming to our bodies. Vegetables such as greens and cruciferous vegetables are great examples of cleansing and alkalizing foods.
Get rid of heavy metals in the system: one of the safest and most effective ways to remove toxins and heavy metals from the circulation system is to use a clinically proven blend of modified citrus pectin (MCP) and modified alginates for one to three months. After this initial phase, a period of one to three months, the MCP/alginate formula can be followed by a phase 2 detox formula. This is found in Chelateo, a combination of special herbs from Nacare combined with activated charcoal.
Get rid of parasites: use the specially formulated herbal parasite killer Parasiteo made by Nacare
Help beneficial bacteria: replanting and nourishing beneficial bacteria in the GI tract with pre- and probiotics significantly helps reduce the presence of harmful invaders and improve the overall environment in the gut, leading to increased digestive capacity and vitality.
Use an intestinal cleanser: psyllium seed is excellent for removing old accumulated mucus and faeces that may have become impacted in pockets of the colon. It acts as a bulky mucilaginous material to aid in elimination. It is available in health shops.